About 45 million Americans suffer from chronic headaches, and from those, 28 million suffer from migraines. Headaches can be a very serious problem, especially when they interrupt your daily life. There are many different types and causes of headaches. The two main types of headaches are:
- Most likely caused by tight muscles in shoulders, neck, scalp, or jaw.
- It may be related to stress, depression, anxiety, a head injury, or holding your head in an abnormal position.
- Usually occur with other symptoms, such as vision changes, sensitivity to sound or light, or nausea.
- Involve intense pain which may be throbbing, pounding, or pulsating.
- The pain usually gets worse as you try to move around.
- May be triggered by foods, caffeine withdrawal, lack of sleep, or alcohol.
Dr. Lopez will evaluate your specific situation and will create a treatment plan customized for you. Treatment approaches may include:
- Posture correction exercises or other exercises
- Exploration of job modifications
- Co-management with other health care providers on the team
Call Summit for a free consultation and start feeling better today.