Neck pain is discomfort in any of the structures in the neck. These include the muscles, nerves, bones, and the discs between the bones. When your neck is sore, you may have difficulty moving it, especially turning to one side. Many people describe this as having a stiff neck. If neck pain involves nerves, you may feel numbness, tingling, or weakness in your arm, hand, or elsewhere.
A frequent cause of neck pain is muscle strain or chronic tension, usually from everyday activities. Such activities include:
- Poor posture while sitting at a desk for hours
- Poor posture while watching TV or reading
- Having your computer monitor positioned too high or too low
- Having your office chair positioned incorrectly in relation to your desk
- Sleeping in an uncomfortable position
- Twisting and turning the neck in a harsh manner while exercising
Call Dr. Lopez today and get a free consultation, so you can start the road to recovery.
Spokane neck pain